On the 18th of January, I turned 18. It was the day I finally turned into an adult (at least by law, hehe). In those 18 years of existing, I learned a lot of things when it comes to life, relationships and happiness. Here are 18 things I learnt at 18.
- Napping is life-changing.
- Long walks and tea can be very stress relieving after a bad day.
- You are in charge of your own happiness and your happiness does not depend on other people. Cringy but true.
- Sometimes you have to break contact with people to be happy again.
- I could probably eat dessert every day. (And I do sometimes).
- I’ve realised that I’m not good at making lists.
- Please never forget to put on deodorant or suffer the consequences…
- Altruism is good, but sometimes you need a little touch of egoism and set yourself first. Putting yourself first is not a bad thing.
- It’s also okay not to wash yourself every.single.day. Rock those natural oils.
- You will lose most of your friends that you started high school with. It’s absolutely fine, no matter how bad it will hurt.
- You don’t need every new item that a makeup company comes out with. You really don’t. If it’s being raved about months or even years after its release, then it probably is really good and you can get it.
- People will always find imperfect things about you. It’s up to you to realise this and deal with the situation. It took me 18 years to finally begin with being happy with who I am and how I look.
- Music and books are good for your mind.
- If you smile at a stranger as you pass them on the street and if they don’t smile back, don’t worry. They probably didn’t expect your smile, it’s not really common these days is it? However, if they look weird, their loss!
- Wear makeup if you want to and don’t if you don’t want to, it really doesn’t matter.
- You are and will always be loved by the people around you. Always.
- Be open minded. You can learn new things and expand your knowledge. Being closed minded brings no progress or positive things to be honest.
- Life goes fast. Enjoy it. Be positive and kind to people.
Those were some of the things I have learned in my 18 years of existing. I have learned some of these things in a hard way and others in a positive and good way!
What are some of the things you have learned in your life?
Lots of love and see you next time!